In November 2012 the Toy Trust launched a ‘Money Can’t Buy’ Auction of unique items and experiences with the aim of raising money for children’s causes.
This unique auction ran from 9am on Wed 21st November 2012 for 10 days, concluding at 9am Friday 30th November. It featured a range of different items and experiences for people to place their winning bid including:
* An exclusive Nerf Sports Firevision Range (Item currently not available in the UK)
* The ultimate personalised ‘My Monopoly’ Game
* Transformers Optimus Prime Truck – Yours for a Day!
* Furby – THE Toy For Christmas – Six Furbys (1 in every colour)
* Sindy® collector items
* A Plasticine model making workshop with an Aardman model maker.
* Your chance to win a LEGO® mosaic of you and your family
* Signed set of ‘One Direction’ dolls
* Signed set of ‘The Wanted’ dolls
* Signed Set of ‘Little Mix’ dolls
* Signed Set of ‘JLS’ dolls
* A ‘Moshi Day’ with Moshi Founder Michael Acton Smith at Moshi Towers
* A limited edition Barbie® Collector William & Catherine Royal Wedding™ gift set
* A fantastic family day out at the brand new Thomas Land – The World of Thomas & Friends
* A magical Barbie® visit to your home or school
* Two Limited Edition sets of Character Building Super Rare Doctor Who Figures (Series 1&2)
* The first ever solid sterling silver ‘Lalaloopsy Jewels Sparkles’
* Disney Pocahontas “Just Around the River Bend” Limited Edition print
* A Disney Store Private Shopping Spree with £200 to spend and a personal shopper
The auction took place via the Toy Trust eBay page, in conjunction with its charity partner MissionFish, and 100% of monies raised from the auction went directly to the Toy Trust and the children’s charities it supports.
A credible £4,300 was raised for the charity through the auction.
“We would like to thank all the contributing companies for their support of this inaugural event,” stated Toy Trust Chair Nick Austin. “Special thanks goes to Hasbro’s Foye Pascoe and Lego’s Fiona Wright who master-minded and managed the event!”